Last updated: 19/04/2021
Awesome Women in Construction Inc (AWIC)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions relate to the operation of AWIC and apply to all members.
Any terms or conditions that create an inconsistency with any legislation are considered void to the extent of the inconsistency.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. All content is subject to change without notice.
Neither AWIC nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found on this website. Where we, AWIC, make our best endeavours to avoid errors, you acknowledge that such information on this website may from time to time contain inaccuracies and we expressly exclude liability for any such situation where this may occur.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which AWIC shall not be liable.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to AWIC. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that AWIC endorses the website(s). AWIC has no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent.
Your use of this website, or any dispute arising from such use is subject to the laws of Queensland, Australia
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS – AWIC
- a. “Agreement” means this Membership Agreement, including any Schedule, Terms and Conditions.
- b. “We” or “our” means AWIC Board.
- c. “Commencement Date” means the date that this Agreement and your Membership commences.
- d. AWIC means Awesome Women in Construction Inc.
- e. “Fees” means the fees payable by you to join and participate in the Membership.
- f. Awesome Women in Construction Inc ABN 34 218 251 858
- g. Student/ Apprentice means a member who is a student or an apprentice.
- h. “Parent/Guardian” means the lawful parent or guardian of a student / apprentice Member or under 18.
- i. “Services” means offerings from AWIC;
- j. “Term” means the term of this Agreement.
4. Provision of Services
- a. In consideration for payment of the Fees, we agree to provide you with access to the Facilities and the Services during the Term.
- b. Events are excluded from the Membership and require additional payment.
- c. Your safety is important to us, and as such, we will use our best endeavours to ensure that the event facilities are safe, hygienic and secure.
5. Your obligations
- a. You must notify us if your contact details change.
6. Age Restrictions
- a. If you are a Student or Apprentice Member, you and your Parent/Guardian both agree to sign and be bound by this Agreement.
7. Termination and Membership
- a. After the Term, this Agreement will continue until terminated by you.
- b. Payments will continue until notified. You may terminate this agreement by providing us with 30 days written notice (1 final payment). For security and identification purposes, termination must be completed in writing.
- c. You acknowledge and agree that, except as otherwise set out in this Agreement or as required by law, all Fees are non-refundable upon termination of this Agreement and your failure to use the Services does not allow for early termination of this Agreement nor does it warrant a refund of any type. You further acknowledge and agree that failure to use the Services does not affect any of the terms of this Agreement.
- d. If you breach any term of this Agreement or act in a way, we deem inappropriate, we may suspend or cancel your Membership or restrict your access to the services of AWIC.
- a. We take your privacy seriously. We do not pass your information onto any other business. If you do not wish to receive email, SMS or mail correspondence from us regarding your Membership, special offers or promotions then please send us an email or letter confirming that you wish to unsubscribe from such methods of communication.
12. Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
- a. You acknowledge and agree that direct debit payments are managed and debited on behalf of us by a third-party billing agent, Stripe.
- b. You acknowledge and agree that the Fees are reviewed periodically and may increase. You will be notified by email, a minimum of 30 days prior to any such Fee increase.
- c. It is your responsibility to ensure cleared funds are available in your nominated bank account or credit card to meet the direct debit payment. If a debit is returned unpaid by your financial institution, you will be responsible for payment of the debit plus additional return fees and administrative costs incurred by Stripe. If Stripe has not received instruction to the contrary from you, we will debit both the next due payment and any overdue amounts on your next scheduled debit date.
- d. You acknowledge and agree that:
Stripe is entitled to store your personal information and use it for the purposes of administering this Agreement, providing its products and services.
- e. You authorise Stripe to notify any debt collection or credit reporting agency upon default by you in meeting your payment obligations under this Agreement.
- f. You agree to immediately pay the full outstanding balance of the remainder of the payments due, including any current arrears, should a default occur prior to this Agreement and your direct debits terminating.
- g. You may be liable for any costs associated with the recovery of your overdue account, this may include, but is not limited to the following; legal fees; interest and mercantile agency collection cost.
- h. When a debit day falls on a weekend and/or a national public holiday all debits for that weekend or national public holiday will be processed on the immediately preceding business day. If unsure, you should contact Stripe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- i. This authority shall stand pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement with AWIC. The administration only of this authority is conducted by Stripe, acting as a billing agent for us. The services provided by Stripe are administrative only and do not extend to the provision of any services or benefits provided by us.
- j. Direct debit may not be available on all bank accounts. You are advised to check your account details against a recent statement from your financial institution. If uncertain you should check with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Authority.
- k. All enquiries in relation to refunds must be directed to AWIC.
- l. Stripe will communicate with you from time to time. To ensure communication reaches you, it is important Stripe is supplied with a valid email address and mobile phone number. Failure to supply a valid email address and a mobile phone number will prevent Stripe from contacting you regarding important information concerning your account.
- m. In signing this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the conditions outlined in Stripe Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in its entirety. Stripe will email the PDS to you, and, if this is not received, you acknowledge that you have accessed, read and understood the PDS on the Stripe website.