As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting Gilmour Space to ensure the smooth setup, maintenance and operation of test infrastructure.
1. Setup, maintain and operate structural, propulsion and avionics testing as directed
2. Complete mechanical setup of test stands, including electrical, pneumatic and fluids connections
3. Install instrumentation, including strain gauges, thermocouples, and pressure transducers
4. Operate many different types of control software to safely and effectively operate test stands and conduct testing on various test articles
5. Support the preparation of documentation for site and test operations including user manuals, procedures, guides, reviews, reports and technical specifications
Skills & Experience:
NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred OR NV2 Security Clearance eligible
Experience working with and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems, high pressure fluid/pneumatic systems, or heavy equipment, ideally within the aerospace industry
Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines. Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity. Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment.
Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade